Pages

September 26, 2024

Two Global Innovative Businesses

I am often told, New Zealand doesn't make anything or have any worldwide business presence. This is complete nonsense and I have shown this to be so on numerous occasions. Two businesses I have never mentioned before are examples of NZ businesses being world leaders:

1. Animation Research

If you've watched sports on the television, then at some point you've seen graphics designed, developed and provided by Ian Taylor's company. They are particularly dominant in golf, cricket, and yachting. Their stuff is jaw droppingly beautiful, that's how good it is.

2. Les Mills

There is a Les Mills fitness programme in more than 20,000 gyms worldwide. I was recently reminded of this when a friend in the US said she went to the local gym and enjoyed Les Mills. I looked up the gym, and there it was, on their website they were offering Les Mills exercise.

Both of these businesses started out small and grew organically. Their growth is despite the NZ government boasting of their accomplishments but offering little assistance. I'd rather see my tax paid dollar going into building business, rather than providing the government funds to put in their back pockets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment