Pages

December 29, 2016

Donald Trump as President

I've been thinking that most of what Donald Trump has said he wants to achieve he won't be able to, simply because staff in the various departments and the defence establishment move very slowly. I imagine the scene, Trump wanting to shut this or that down and the reaction, silence. Then comes the stalling. Reports, endless reports.

Then at some point we'll hear a loud thud. That will be the sound of the penny dropping.

I saw a video somewhere where documentary maker Michael Moore described Trump as the last US President. I don't agree and wouldn't be surprised if Trump does not stand for re-election, or maybe even resigns. That would be consistent with my view that he didn't actually plan on getting elected, and he's as surprised as anyone that he won.

No comments:

Post a Comment