Pages

May 05, 2023

The Coronation

I've been asked, will I be watching King Charles being crowned on Saturday. Yes, I'll watch some of it, but not everything as it'll go on too long. I'm interested to hear if the King declares himself defender of the faith, or as defender of faith. If he says the latter, well, I'll be appalled.

Will Prince Harry be in attendance? Park him in a side area with a curtain around him so those in Westminster Abbey don't have to see him.

But, for the bigger picture, I'm feeling sad for the UK as a whole. They have two unelected leaders, King Charles and Rishi Sunak. I'd like to see democratic rule return, and the reinstatement of freedom of speech. The Conservative Party have had 13 years and the country has gone backward. About time to see some significant change.

Update: I watched some of it, and found it all a bit boring to be honest. Pippa Middleton was looking hot, so there was that to cheer me up. And yes, stealing the show was Penny Mordaunt, the first female Lord President of the Council, carrying the sword and looking rather hot too.

Prince Harry was there, shame about that. There was an inclusion about fostering faiths, but it wasn't offensive to Anglicans. And it was good to see the Gold State Coach. I can see why King Charles wanted to shorten the ceremony, even at its current length it seemed a bit long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment