Pages

May 12, 2020

Stuff For Sale

The New Zealand media company, Stuff is for sale. It's a silly name and an even sillier company. Their main rival, NZME has offered $1 for it. I'll go $10, don't say I'm a skinflint. What do you say eh? C'mon Stuff owners, give me a call.

Why is Stuff going bust I hear you ask. People like to say it's because of technology, the age of television and the internet. While Stuff does have a busy website, they rely heavily on newspapers. Yes, that's part of the story, but their failure has to do with other factors as well; a lack of professionalism, no local news, lack of analysis, and a tendency to fawn and suffocate over who happens to be in power at the time. Stuff has become a sycophantic weasel and no-one trusts them. I don't blame the readers shunning them and these days never buy their newspapers myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment