Pages

August 08, 2019

NZ Breakers Basketball

I'm not a big fan of the Breakers, the Auckland based team that plays in the Australian NBL or National Basketball League. I think such teams detract from the game in New Zealand. Having said that though, they've had quite a bit of success, winning several titles.

They're now under new ownership and have undergone many changes for the upcoming season. New players, new coaching staff. Will this new outfit be any good? I'm going to stick my neck out and say, no, they won't be any good. I've seen teams stacked with overrated talent crash and burn too often to have any faith in the approach they're taking. If they were prepared to invest more in locals, then I'd be more positive, but a team made up principally of imports won't have the same commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment