Pages

March 07, 2017

NBA: LeBron James Hunting Back-to-Back Titles in Cleveland

I noticed Andrew Bogut signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NBA. Cleveland are looking for a big man to rough up the Golden State Warriors on the inside, and what better player to do that than the big Aussie who won a title with the Warriors.

Also note the Cavs added Kyle Korver for his three point accuracy, and Derrick Williams for more thuggery (I mean that politely of course, I admire such things, bring back the biff I say).

It's yet to be seen if this strategy will work. I'm watching carefully, there are aspects to their formula I agree with. What's my formula?

Three things needed to win titles:

1. An intense hatred of losing. Not a joy of winning, or just don't like losing. The type of players needed hate losing so much they throw up after the game. How to find these players is more interesting, I look for players that are an attitude problem. This has only backfired once when one player I recruited needed to be waived as he was going to be killed by his teammates.

2. A heightened sense of personal accountability. Players that do it the right way and if they foul up they put it right - immediately. I call this having a turbo up their arse.

3. Luck. A certain amount of luck, Think Napoleon noting there were two types of general, good generals and lucky generals and of the two he preferred lucky generals. Lucky players have the knack of looking at the ref and getting the call their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment