Pages

February 07, 2017

Buying a book through Amazon

I gave this a go and I won't be going through the exercise again unless the title is completely unavailable locally, either new or secondhand, and I'd have to really want it as well.

I bought a book from SuperBookSellers-- Turns out they're untrustworthy. What happened is I bought a book but realised I didn't need it and cancelled within the hour of placing an order. I followed up a few hours after that. NO response from SuperBookSellers--

Then I got confirmation the order was being processed. Days later they replied to my two cancellation requests by saying the order had been processed already so they could do nothing. The arrival time for this book shows as April 6, and it was shipped February 3. The very same book is sitting in bookshops all over town.

I don't believe a word of it. SuperBookSellers-- just don't want to cancel anything and are forcing through the order. They don't even have the damn book, they must be procuring it, hence the long lead time, meanwhile real retailers have the book in stock.

Will anything actually show up? That's the next question. It would be pointless returning the goods as you can see what they're like, they can't be trusted. So I'll sell the book on Trade Me in New Zealand or something instead, for whatever I can get for it. That is, if it actually shows up.

Warning: SuperBookSellers-- are not to be recommended, they're sharp, don't say you weren't warned.

[Edit to add: the book showed up. I still won't be dealing with them.]

No comments:

Post a Comment