Pages

June 11, 2022

FIA Boss: No Politics in Sport

Hear hear, Mohammed Ben Sulayem says what must be said. Enough of this grandstanding from entitled sportspeople. Do your job, don't force your opinions down our throats - thanks.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/motorsport-formula-1-boss-mohammed-ben-sulayem-criticises-drivers-for-putting-politics-ahead-of-sport/VWEFZELJLNSQ77CGL7EHMXKABA/

In an interview with GrandPrix247, Ben Sulayem said he doesn't impose his beliefs on other people and wants the drivers to do the same.

"Niki Lauda and Alain Prost only cared about driving," he said.

"Now, Vettel drives a rainbow bicycle, Lewis is passionate about human rights and Norris addresses mental health. Everybody has the right to think. To me, it is about deciding whether we should impose our beliefs in something over the sport all the time.

"I am from an Arabian culture. I am international and Muslim. I do not impose my beliefs on other people? No way! Never. If you look at my operation in the UAE: 16 nationalities! Name me one federation that has that many nationalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment