Pages

January 13, 2021

Twitter Purge

I am one of those purged from Twitter. My account has been suspended for violating Twitter rules. Now as you all know I never promote or condone violence or unlawful actions of any kind. I can only think what may have led to me being purged, along with so many others, is I do occasionally tweet or retweet issues that may be of interest to Republican party members. That's it. If you check my timeline both here and on Twitter, you'll find that I'm critical of Donald Trump about as many times as I'm agreeing with him.  

So this Twitter purge leads me to conclude they're getting rid of all those accounts that are centre/right. Personally, this move doesn't affect me greatly as I never relied on Twitter. It was simply a place to hang out a bit. The character limit on Twitter seriously restricts the level of thought and that's why I blog, then write books, those two being the most important.

It's interesting to see Twitter and other Big Tech firms show their hand this early. The call must come from Ted Cruz and others to break them up. They've become too big and now they think they run the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment