Pages

October 14, 2016

Bel Aire Motel Missoula

Special mention must go to this the worst motel during my latest trip to the USA. It was so bad the experience has scarred my soul and it will take a lifetime to recover. The room stank of cigarette smoke so thick I could hardly breath in there. Not only that, the sheets were unwashed and on to who knows how many trips around the block before seeing the inside of a washing machine.

The day started out well and I drove across Montana, through rain so hard my car's traction control went haywire and I couldn't see where I was going but I did have certain knowledge there were a lot of other cars and trucks near me on the interstate. I had visions of my demise and that I'd be entering heaven to sound of Marie Osmond singing Meet Me In Montana. But that didn't happen obviously as I'm here to tell you about how bad the Bel Aire is.

It is really really really bad and that's possibly massive understatement. It is the worst motel in the world and so bad, Zimbabwe's worst would look like the Ritz. Sorry Zimbabwe, I know you try.

Missoula is a university town and it was Saturday and their football team was playing at home. This meant that everything was booked and the town was full of drunken football supporters who didn't even go to the game but instead park their pickups and go to bars where they get legless. I suppose this behaviour is an excuse to meet up, but I was left scratching my head, why did they not just stay at home, stay off the roads, and keep everyone safe. But this is America where there are a lot of things that don't make a lot of sense.

You'll note that I'm avoiding talking about the room. I dropped the key in the return slot at 5am and ran far away. That's all I can say. I might have flashbacks, I hope not.

Please note: Trip Advisor would not publish this review, so you can safely bet that the worst is never fully disclosed, meaning you cannot fully trust sites like that. Be warned, if the hostelry has more than 2 one star reviews in the last year, rest assured it's a lot worse than described.


No comments:

Post a Comment