Pages

August 07, 2023

Cashless UK?

 The UK is now going cashless. Be very afraid.


Funny this would pop up now as I've just experienced an example of how a cashless society would make things so much more difficult. I had a guy working in the garden, young chap needed some materials which would cost about $30.00 down at the hardware store. I don't have my car, he can pop away and get the items. So I gave him cash out of my pocket and away he went, he was back in half an hour. If we lived in a cashless society, I'd have to make the trip somehow, or the gardener would have to use his own money and have me reimburse him electronically, or we'd both go to the hardware store. Clearly, this is complexity that is unneeded, we need cash in the system to oil the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment