Pages

December 06, 2019

Basically Gmail is Rubbish

I mentioned before that gmail became slow when they upgraded last time. Things have improved but only slightly. Another problem I've encountered is that emails that have been read, or marked as read, will still be showing as unread when I next log in. That's annoying. And this problem persists too when I delete the email, it will still be there in my primary inbox, or social or promotions tab when I return. I've even gone into the bin and removed items from there as well, only to have them return on next log in.

I searched around and found various ideas on how to fix this glitch. None of them worked and I think they (gmail) don't want any of it to work, they want you in the site for as long as possible, that's what it's all about. I've mentioned this glitch to people and they've said they have the same issue.

It's bloody dishonest of Google to allow such a thing; Yahoo and Outlook/Hotmail do not stoop this low. As a consequence I rarely use gmail, it is only used for some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment