Pages

March 09, 2016

Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova has been caught taking performance enhancing drugs. Personally I don't like the way she screams, or yells, or grunts when she hits the ball. She's either trying to put her opponents off or disguising the sound of the racket hitting the ball. It's unsportsmanlike. That said, I don't think we need to get upset over the matter of drugs. 

I put the reaction from around the World down to anti-Russian hysteria. In particular, this applies to those companies quick to dump her.


There is massive hypocrisy here. I think the whole world is doping. You think I'm over-reacting? Come on people, look at these athletes. Look at the bodies on them, the muscle, the recovery times event to event, the speed. Are people blind? Look at the women, they're hulks.


Rest assured, all world class athletes are on something pharmaceutical. It just comes down to whether what they're doing is allowed or explicitly banned by the authorities. I have no doubt in my mind that most top athletes are assisted with drugs by government agencies. In Christchurch you can go to sport nutrition stores selling supplements and find 'test beater' kits. Do these work? Why would they be selling them if they don't work? 

No comments:

Post a Comment